On the 1st-4th May, 2014 the historical Walls of Lucca will host the Italian Golf Croquet Open 2014.
The tournament is part of the events for the 500 years of the Walls, and the "Opera delle Mura" will arrange two croquet lawns on the Walls.
The format of the event will depend on the number of entries:
- up to 16 players, there will be 4 qualifying blocks: the top two players of each block will proceed to a knock-out, and the others will play in a Plate event;
- from 16 to 24 players, the format will be a Draw-and-Process knock-out.
Each match will be a best-of-three games with no time limits.
The entry fee is 15.00 Euros, to be paid at the start of the tournament, and it will allow to compete in the Championship and in the Plate event.
A Gala Dinner for the players and their companions will be held on Saturday night: it will cost about 30.00 Euros per person; please confirm your attendance when sending your entry.
The lawns will be available to practise during all the week before the tournament.
Where to stay:
Lucca offers many choices; we would suggest:
- Hotel San Luca Palace (4 stars Superior) - 100 mt from the lawns
- double room from 150.00 to 190.00 Euro per night including breakfast
- single room 100,00 Euro per night including breakfast
- Hotel Stipino (2 stars)
- double room 65.00 Euro per night, breakfast not included
- single room 45.00 Euro per night, breakfast not included
Please feel free to pass it around among your friends.
Looking forward to meeting you in Lucca.
Federazione Italiana Sport Croquet