Sista anmälningsdag har förlängts till: 15 Juni, 2022. Meddela Lewis Palmer om ni önskar delta.
The Baltic Open GC Croquet Tournament takes place for 11th consecutive year, and is organised by the Latvian Croquet Federation (www.latvijaskrokets.lv).
This year, it will take place at the Ikskile Croquet Club (main venue), with three new full size lawns on a river shore, and at a satellite venue in Sigulda with one perfect full size lawn.
- • Participation limited to a maximum of 24 players
- • 4 blocks of six, followed by a knock-out stage and Plate
- • Double banking, apart from finals
- • Sunshiny CQ-16 balls
- • Tournament Director – Roberts Stafeckis
- • Tournament Referee – Viktors Harlinskis (Southwick Croquet Academy certificate)
- • Entries and inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp +37126492211 (Roberts Stafeckis)
- • Deadline for entries – June 15th
Fees and prices per player:
- • Entry fee - 50 EUR, includes courtside beverages
- • Price of meals - will be announced later
Programme of the tournament:
Thursday, September 1st
Arrival of the players
Lawns available for practice from 17:00
Players briefing and opening ceremony at 19:00 at the Ikskile Croquet Club
Friday, September 2nd
from 9:30 Block play (one block plays in Sigulda)
Optional night croquet under floodlights
Saturday, September 3rd, from 9:00
play-offs, knock-out (in Ikskile), and plate (in Sigulda)
Tournament dinner at a local restaurant
Sunday, September 4th, from 9:00
Semifinals, finals and consolation finals (all in Ikskile)
Winners award ceremony at the Ikskile club
Informal farewell cocktail at the Ikskile club
- Latvia reserves 8 places for the players that organize the tournament.
- Deadline for entries – June 15th. Entries received by June 15th will be accepted as follows: The highest ranked player from each country that has applied in descending order by WCF world ranking DGrade as of June 15th.
- Then the second highest ranked player from each country will be accepted in descending order and so on. This will ensure that all countries that are interested in participating have the ability to send roughly the same number of players.
- Latvian and international players can continue to apply for any remaining places from June 16th onwards. Applications will be accepted in order received. Deadline for any remaining places is on August 25, even if the event is not full, to allow time for adjusting the format.